Foie gras is an exceptional product that is never as good as when it is half-cooked. This cooking makes the foie gras tender, tasty and fragrant.
It is better to make his foie gras Half home cooked 3 or 4 days before serving, it will be better and even better.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 duck foie gras of about 500 g
- 7 to 8 g of salt
- 2 g white pepper
- 1 to 2 pinches of 4 spices
To discover: all our foie gras-based recipes
Semi-cooked foie gras recipe
Start by deveining the liver or buy a fat already deveined.
Make sure to keep the pieces as big as possible.
Combine salt, pepper and the 4 spices
Add the foie gras seasoning, taking care to season all surfaces evenly.
Place the pieces of foie gras in a bowl and tamp lightly to try to fill the air spaces.
Cooking semi-cooked foie gras
Preheat the oven to 75 ° and put a dish in it with 3-4 cm water for the Marie bath.
For the Marie bath you can pour boiling water directly during preheating, it should drop in temperature and reach 75 ° more easily.
- Put the closed foie gras terrine in the oven.
- Leave to cook for 45 minutes, checking regularly that the liver does not give too much fat.
- As soon as a layer of fat forms it's time to stop cooking.
- Tamp lightly to bring the fat to the surface.
- Let cool before putting your foie gras in the refrigerator.
Serve sliced with toast, gingerbread or just plain.
Many like to accompany it with a Figs Chutney or an onion jam.
Finally, you can sprinkle your semi-cooked foie gras with Espelette pepper.
Enjoy your meal !